Oxenholme Station welcomes passengers to southern Lakeland and links the West Coast Mainline to the Lakes Line. It is 2 miles from the town of Kendal.
The “Helm” is a fellside that rises behind the station and despite it’s height being only 185m, offers spectacular views. Look out for the rare breed of Fell pony, native to Cumbria, which have been introduced on the Helm.
The station was known as Kendal Junction until 1860 and was then renamed as Oxenholme. Recognising its role as a gateway to the Lake District, the station has been called “Oxenholme, The Lake District station” since 1988.
Bus links accessing the east of the area for Sedbergh, Dent and Kirkby Lonsdale leave from the booking office side of the station.