From 20th November, Avanti West Coast have removed Peak restrictions on travel into and out of London Euston on Fridays.
This means that Off-Peak tickets are now valid for travel all day on Friday, rather than being restricted to departures from Euston after 09:30 and arrivals after 10:00 / 11:30.
Please note that this only applies to longer distance journeys over 80 miles (Rugby and beyond).
Normal restrictions continue to apply Monday to Thursday.
We strongly recommend planning journeys in advance and making seat reservations wherever possible. Seat reservation policies vary between train operators and in some cases (LNER services on the East Coast Main Line) reservations are mandatory – you cannot join the train without one.
Seating capacity on most trains is reduced to enable social distancing. On some services this means that instead of specific seat numbers, you will receive a ‘counted place’ reservation on your chosen train.
If travelling by train, bring a face covering to wear and please follow the recommended guidance before you set off:
- Plan ahead and consider travelling at quieter times
- Carry hand sanitiser and wash your hands before and after travelling
- Consider other passengers and rail staff and wear a face covering while using services.**
- Stay safe by following social distancing guidance at stations, platforms and trains wherever possible.
- Do not travel if you or anyone in your household shows symptoms of Covid-19.
A list of customers exempted from wearing a face covering is available on the GOV.uk website