Corkickle railway station, in a southern suburb of Whitehaven, has a 1,219 metre tunnel dividing it from the rest of the town. The old station building is now in private use. A single track serves one platform although it is possible to see that the tracks once covered a large area due to the industries once located nearby.
The Corkickle Brake was constructed in 1881 by the Earl of Lonsdale’s Whitehaven Colliery Company to handle the output from Croft Pit. There were sidings at the bottom of the incline which joined the Railway between Corkickle and Mirehouse Junction.